World of Wacraft Private Server Forum!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hot :How I Met Your Mother

Go down

Hot :How I Met Your Mother Empty Hot :How I Met Your Mother

Post  irissun Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:40 pm

After years of what felt like a collection of stale broadcast TV sitcoms, I was introduced to How I Met Your Mother. While I've never been a big fan of any particular sitcom, this show got me excited about the genre for the first time ever. I was introduced to it by my sister, who brought a borrowed copy of the third season on DVD home with her from college. I ended up watching a few episodes and was very pleasantly surprised by How I Met Your Mother -- it was absolutely hilarious. While I always thought that sitcoms were just full of overly used jokes and cardboard characters, How I Met Your Mother was not only funny and fresh, but felt like it had more depth than the typical sitcom. I was hooked.

How I Met Your Mother has a unique storytelling style that continues into season four. The overarching story is being told by an older Ted Mosby (Josh Radnor) to his children. The series consists of a series of flashbacks from Ted's 20s and 30s about the lives of himself and his friends living in New York City and, ultimately, how he met his future wife. This frame may seem complex, especially if you haven't tuned in from the beginning, but it's done in a breezy, comfortable manner that feels natural and doesn't confuse viewers. I felt like it was a story that my father could have been telling me because sometimes there are flashbacks within the overarching flashback and scenes and timing are not perfectly linear, which is more like how a person would share memories -- as they are triggered by something else, rather than chronologically.

…………………………………..

Curb Your Enthusiasm DVD 1-7
Gossip Girl DVD 1-3
How I Met Your Mother DVD 1-5
The Tribe DVD 1-5
True Blood DVD 1-2
The Office DVD 1-6
Entourage DVD 1-6
The Simpsons DVD 1-21
Queer as Folks DVD 1-5
The Big Bang Theory DVD 1-3
Walt Disney DVD 153 Discs